SPECIAL TREAT AT THE END – LIVE REACTION COMMENTS
Basic Summary – COOTIES is a horror comedy with unexpected laughs and unapologetic thrills. When a cafeteria food virus turns elementary school children into killer zombies, a group of misfit teachers must band together to escape the playground carnage. The film stars Elijah Wood (The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings), Rainn Wilson (“The Office”), and Alison Pill (“The Newsroom”) as teachers who fight to survive the mayhem while hilariously bickering in an uncomfortable love triangle on the worst Monday of their lives.
Okay, I’ve wanted to see this movie since the trailer dropped. Was I impressed by it – eh. I was really looking forward to this film for so long because it looked amazing and funny. However, the more I got into it, I was more confused by it. Like was this film supposed to be taken a horror film or a complete comedy. I feel there was a conflict of interests with the story. It tried to be scary but it was trying to be light-hearted as well. Don’t get me wrong, it had it’s funny moments, but most of the time I was just sitting there in silence.
The actors in this film are all really good. Like I have seen them in other works that aren’t always comedy. But my god. They could totally do comedy if the situation came to it. Even the background characters were hilarious – they made sure to make their “stories” count.
Would I recommend it – I mean it was a nice film to watch on a Friday night, however for it’s price on iTunes, it wasn’t completely worth it.
Where can you find it – It’s in theaters if you want to go out and find it or go on iTunes since it is also available there.
Now the part you have been waiting for – Here are my live reactions to the film. Go enjoy them . . .
- Omg he just killed a chicken with his bare hands
- I could live without seeing a chicken being cut up…
- And how it is served to me as a chicken nugget…
- I don’t want chicken nuggets anymore because of this process
- No don’t eat that contaminated nugget
- Elijah Wood is in this…okay it just got better
- Lol he lives at home with his mom
- Fort chicken…wow how ironic
- Dat car needs a bath ASAP
- These are 4th graders…that use “Fuck You” what has happen with this generation?????
- A ball chair doesn’t seem comfortable and Elijah just proved it
- Cell phones in one place. Yeah that seems smart
- Everyone seems to be “dicks”
- Wasting no time getting this story rolling – spread that virus. SPREAD IT!!!
- “Oh look, carnage…” That line is amazing
- Lost of minor character acknowledged and ten times funnier
- Only black student in school reference
- Violin = instrument of death
- Cootie kids…damn…that’s a new one
- OMG HOBBIT JOKE WITH AN ORC JOKE – YES
- That kid just gave a baby cooties…damn
- The PE coach just killed a kid…this just took a turn
- Shrooms guy (don’t see how he is connected) but he is tripping and kinda of out of place
- Don’t know if I’m supposed to take this seriously as a horror film or a comedy…kinda confuse, but it is funny though
- Okay that was an intense kiss…
- I kinda lost track here because I got into the film…you caught my attention in the last 10-15 min (not a great sign but thankfully you did)